For those trail runners who need or want a more economical option in trail shoes, New Balance trail running shoes offer a complete line of shoes that have been designed and built specifically for off-road running. There’s no need to spend a small fortune on a pair of shoes to find a pair that can handle the extremes of rough trail conditions yet still provide the cushioning and support that your need.
Unless you are a hardcore trail runner, you should be able to find a New Balance model that fits the bill.
- MR790 / WR790 – This lightweight shoe features a synthetic mesh upper for breathability coupled with additional protective panels and a toe stop to protect the shoe and your feet from rocks and other objects. The outsole is made of a somewhat more durable rubber compound than standard running shoes for increased wear over rough ground, and the lug configuration makes these shoes acceptable for both on- and off-road use. Finally, the tongue is gusseted to prevent trail debris from entering the shoe.
- MT840 / WT840 – This extremely durable and versatile shoe features great fit and performance. It features breatheable mesh uppers as well as a seamless “phantom” liner for increased comfort and fit. The laceless support system ensures the shoe is snug around the foot without the possibility of snags. The shoe also features “N-Grip” tacky rubber on the outsoles that extend partway up the sides of the shoe for improved traction even in wet, slippery conditions. With extra cushioning in both the heel and forefoot areas along with a fully gusseted tongue, this shoe is ready for any trail you can handle.
- MR904 / WR904 – This ultra-lightweight performance trail shoe is made for the serious trail runner. It features a transitional support system to help create a smooth transition from the heel strike to the toe-off which leads to less fatigue. It’s built around a “stability web” that adds mid-foot support while reducing the weight of the shoe. It also features a seamless liner made of “lightning dry” which helps wick moisture from your feet to keep them as dry as possible. Finally, the outsoles are built around lighter foam than traditional midsole foam.
- MT609 / WT609 – This basic all-terrain shoe featured a ruggedly durable outsole for long wear on rough trails as well as impact-absorbing cushioning in the heel for long-wearing comfort. The all-terrain outsole combines a standard running pattern with trail lugs for both on- and off-road use.
- MT875 / WT875 – This shoe was designed with exceptional cushioning and ground contact in mind. It also features a wicking liner for maximum moisture transfer away from your feet to prevent blisters, but the liner is a “lockdown liner” which also helps prevent your foot from moving around in the shoe. An “Abzorb” Strobel Board runs the full length of the shoe to maximize comfort and shock absorption and its aggressively lugged outsole gives the absolute best traction available for off-road running.
New Balance trail running shoes offer a wide range of off-road shoes, both for those who need dedicated trail shoes and for those who are looking for a shoe that can handle many different running surfaces.